Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Silver Bullet 111: Marcus Ranum

From: "Kevin W. Wall" <kevin.w.wall () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:45:05 -0400

Ah, I see...so the dirty trick is that you are finally doing reruns.
Syndication can't be far behind. ;-)

-kevin
Sent from my Droid; please excuse typos.
On Jul 7, 2015 12:07 PM, "Gary McGraw" <gem () cigital com> wrote:

hi sc-l,

Silver Bullet episode 111 is a sneaky one based around a “dirty brilliant
trick."  The episode features Marcus Ranum, inventor of the proxy firewall
and all around security guru.  We talk about perimeter security, software
security, security progress (or lack of such) and whether hackers are
necessary for security.

http://bit.ly/sb111-mjr   (or for purists
http://www.cigital.com/silver-bullet/show-111/)

So what was the trick?  At the end of the episode I revealed that during
episode 3 (recorded exactly 9 years before episode 111), I asked Marcus
exactly the same set of questions.  Wonder how consistent Marcus is over
nine years?  Compare and contrast
http://www.cigital.com/silver-bullet/show-003/

gem

Follow KRvW Associates on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/KRvW_Associates