Secure Coding mailing list archives

SearchSecurity: Architecture Risk Analysis

From: Gary McGraw <gem () cigital com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:22:51 -0400

hi sc-l,

Software security in general spends a lot of time talking about bugs---too much time, I believe.  We all know that
software defects come in two major subclasses: bugs (in the implementation) and flaws (in the design).  So, how do you
find and FIX flaws?

That's what this month's SearchSecurity column is about.  This article about finding security flaws in software with
Architecture Risk Analysis.  It is co-authored by Jim DelGrosso who is a Principal Consultant at Cigital and runs the
Architecture practice.

We know this approach works, because we actually use it every day (and have done so for over a decade):
http://bit.ly/1b2f5Zk   No, it's not easy, and yes it takes experience.  Oh well.

gem

company www.cigital.com
podcast www.cigital.com/silverbullet