Secure Coding mailing list archives

SecAppDev hits the road

From: "Kenneth R. van Wyk" <ken () krvw com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:07:00 +1000

Greetings SC-L subscribers,

I suspect many of you have heard of SecAppDev (http://secappdev.org) over the years. It's a non-profit training event
that has hitherto been held in Leuven, Belgium for 1 week each Feb/Mar. Well, we're excited to say that this year we've
added a second event: SecAppDev Dublin!

Yes, SecAppDev will be hitting the road for its first foray outside of Belgium. For one week in July (15th-19th), we'll
be making Dublin, Ireland our home. Just like the events in Belgium, we've lined up a great curriculum and faculty, to
give each delegate a look at myriad aspects of developing secure applications. It's a pretty intense week-long
immersion into the topics, for sure.

Registration is now open. The course is organized by secappdev.org, a non-profit organization that aims to broaden
security
awareness in the development community and advance secure software engineering practices. The course is a joint
initiative with Dublin City University, Trinity College Dublin, KU Leuven and Solvay Brussels School of Economics and
Management.

SecAppDev Dublin is the first edition of our widely acclaimed courses to be run in Ireland. Our previous 9 courses took
place in Belgium and were attended by an international audience from a broad range of industries including financial
services, telecom, consumer electronics and media. We pride ourselves on our world-class faculty, which, for SecAppDev
Dublin, includes

+ Prof. dr. ir. Bart Preneel who heads COSIC, the renowned Leuven crypto lab.
+ Ken van Wyk, co-founder of the US CERT Coordination Center and widely  acclaimed author and lecturer.
+ Prof. dr. Dan Wallach, head of Rice University's computer security lab.
+ Prof. dr. Mike Scott, previously the head of DCU's School of Computing, now  Chief Cryptographer at Certivox.

When we ran our first annual course in 2005, emphasis was on awareness and security basics, but as the field matured
and a thriving security training market developed, we felt it was not appropriate to compete as a non-profit
organization. Our focus has hence shifted to providing a platform for leading-edge and experimental material from
thought leaders in academia and industry. We look toward academics to provide research results that are ready to break
into the mainstream and attract people with an industrial background to try out new content and formats.

The course takes place from July 15th to 19th at the Science Gallery, Trinity College, Dublin.

For more information visit the web site: http://secappdev.org.

Seating is limited, so do not delay registering to avoid disappointment. Registration is on a first-come, first-served
basis.  A 25% discount is available for Early Bird registration until June 15th. Alumni, public servants, and
independents receive a 50% discount.  I hope that we will be able to welcome you or your colleagues to our course.

Cheers,

Ken

-----
Kenneth R. van Wyk