Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Chinese Hacking, Mandiant and Cyber War

From: Ali-Reza Anghaie <ali () packetknife com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:35:56 -0500

There is an agenda but it's also information that is long overdue - and
there is more of it Classified for what many ppl consider no good reason.
Also, other reports have indicated faculty and staff at the Unis too. None
of which I doubt terribly.

For me the bigger issue is that is simply doesn't matter - it's not like
this level of nation-state backing is ~required~ for  most cyber heists or
most security issues. If anything it furthers (on top of other bad
perceptions) that competitiveness is increasingly a function of secrecy vs
innovation.

Oh well - I'm repeating myself. ;-)

-Ali