Secure Coding mailing list archives

Information Security Mag: Vendor Control and Software Security

From: Gary McGraw <gem () cigital com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 20:12:20 -0500

hi sc-l,

My monthly column [in]security is sometimes published as part of Information Security Magazine.  That's what happened
with this column I wrote way back in December. It is appearing in the Feb/Mar issue of ISM.

And here it is on the intarwebs.  This article suggests combining at least two measurements: 1) process measurement
with vBSIMM and 2) application measurement with binary, static, or hybrid analysis.  This article begins to explain to
the general security practitioner (think network security person) how that all works:

http://bit.ly/Y8UeIb

Please read this and pass it on.  I am interested in hearing your thoughts.

gem

company www.cigital.com
podcast www.cigital.com/silverbullet
blog www.cigital.com/justiceleague