Secure Coding mailing list archives

Security in open source components

From: Grant Murphy <gmurphy () redhat com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:10:44 +1000

I don't have the original mail but some time ago a thread on this list
mentioned this article:

http://www.sonatype.com/Products/Why-Sonatype/Reduce-Security-Risk/Security-Brief

It might be of interest to you that the Red Hat Security Response Team
has put together a database containing fingerprints of vulnerable Maven
artifacts. We have just recently released a Maven Enforcer rule that
scans a projects dependencies against the entries in this database.

An example of the configuration options and the source code is available
here:

  https://github.com/gcmurphy/enforce-victims-rule

Try it out. I would be interested to get your feedback.

Regards,

Grant Murphy | Red Hat Product Security Team