Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: SearchSecurity: Mobile Security = Software Security

From: Martin Gilje Jaatun <secse-chair () sislab no>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:50:13 +0200

Hi Gary,

I agree with everything you write in the article (although I was a bit peeved at having to register to read it...). It ties nicely in with a related topic that is being discussed a lot recently: "The danger of QR codes", where people argue that you shouldn't scan QR codes with your smartphone, since you don't know where they take you, and you might get infected with something (as allegedly carried out by "Th3 J35t3r" a few months back). Again, this is discussing the wrong problem - why are we accepting to use smartphone browsers that fall over at the merest whiff of an attack?

-Martin