Secure Coding mailing list archives

Silver Bullet 68

From: Gary McGraw <gem () cigital com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:31:47 -0500

hi sc-l,

I am pleased to announce that episode 68 of the Silver Bullet Security Podcast is an interview of Cigital's own John
Steven.  jOHN (or jS) as he is know around here is a well-respected technologist and software security practitioner.
He served a stint editing the Building Security In column for IEEE S&P magazine along with Gunnar Peterson.  He is also
a very active OWASP participant.  I have worked closely with jS for many years and greatly value his insight and
leadership in software security.

jS and I discuss how software architecture is being pulled by financial services instead of being pushed by technology
firms, why architecture risk analysis is so important (and so hard to automate), the bias that developers and security
practitioners show towards security features rather than software security Touchpoints, and enterprise use of static
analysis tools.

Have a listen: http://www.cigital.com/silverbullet/

As always, your feedback on Silver Bullet is welcome.  This episode's victim in particular was suggested by Kevin Wall.
 Who do you want to hear on Silver Bullet?

gem

P.S. Can you tell December starts tomorrow?  I am squeaking past the monthly deadlines with hours to spare this month!

company www.cigital.com
blog www.cigital.com/justiceleague
book www.swsec.com