Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: [Owasp-leaders] ModSecurity Important Update

From: Jim Manico <jim.manico () owasp org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:30:09 -0700

Folks,

Arshan Dabirsiaghi from Aspect deserves the real credit. He wrote this
originally as a stand alone module. We at ESAPI twisted his arm to add
it to ESAPI, and now we are splitting it out. (Sorry Arshan)

- Jim

Some additional cool news ­ the OWASP Java WAF
(http://code.google.com/p/owasp-java-waf/) project team (Jim Manico and Juan
Carlos Calderon) have agreed to work on a ModSecurity porting effort.  This
means that the OWASP Java WAF will be able to support a subset of the
ModSecurity Rules Language, and thus, would allow Java web app users to
directly utilizes the OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set (CRS).

I am excited to work with Jim and Juan Carlos on this effort!

Thanks guys,
Ryan