Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: informIT: Modern Malware

From: Gary McGraw <gem () cigital com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:14:50 -0400

hi andy,

If you read the article again, I think you'll find that the solutions
offered by both Invincea and Dasient work regardless of whether the
malware is installed through broken software or through social
engineering. Dasient protects the server side of the APT problem
(especially when it comes to bad ads), and Invincea wraps the browser (or
the Adobe product) in an instrumented and transparent VM.

I agree that clueless users who click on whatever pops up lead to many
infections even when software is is reasonable shape, but I don't see that
as a reason not to build better software.  Presumably, you guys at paypal
agree.  Right?

gem