Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: RSnake's final post

From: "j. eric townsend" <jet () flatline net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 22:40:35 -0500

On 12/1/10 21:03, Benjamin Tomhave wrote:
In case you don't follow his blog... Rob "RSnake" Hanson has concluded
his security blog, though he says he will continue in security for the
time being. Nonetheless, a reasonably notable event anytime a prominent
persona in this small community decides to all but walk away.
http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20101201/and-beyond

Not at all at his level in the community, but that's basically why I decided to go back to grad school and study design. The sort of security work a lot of us has been doing has become routine and rather dull. I no longer care about the endless stream of buffer-overflow attacks against codecs or new ways to hide trojans.

--
J. Eric Townsend
design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ