Secure Coding mailing list archives

SecAppDev 2011

From: Johan Peeters <yo () secappdev org>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:09:17 +0100

SecAppDev 2011 will take place from February 28th to March 4th in the
Groot Begijnhof, Leuven, Belgium.

SecAppDev is a series of intensive one-week courses on Secure
Application Development, run by secappdev.org, a non-profit
organization that aims to broaden security awareness in the
development community and advance secure software engineering
practices. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and Solvay Brussels School
of Economics and Management are founding partners.
When we ran our first annual course in 2005, emphasis was on awareness
and security basics, but as the field matured and a thriving security
training market developed, we felt it was not appropriate to compete
as a non-profit organization. Our focus has hence shifted to providing
a platform for more leading-edge and experimental material.
Our courses are taught by world-leading instructors from academia and
industry. We look toward academics to provide research results that
are ready to break into the mainstream and attract people with an
industrial background to try out new content and formats. For the
presentation in February-March 2011, we are proud to have once again
attracted contributions from software security thought leaders such as
- Prof. dr. ir. Bart Preneel who heads COSIC, the renowned crypto lab.
- Ken van Wyk, the moderator of this list.
- John Steven, a sought-after architect and technical lead for
high-performance, scalable Java EE systems.
- Prof. dr. Dan Wallach, Rice University's computer security lab head.
- Gunnar Peterson, focused on distributed systems security for large
mission critical systems.

We do not target security experts nor developers of security products,
but rather developers whose main focus not being security, nonetheless
need to be sufficiently security-savvy to deliver reliable
applications. We are trying to plug the security blind spot of many
academic software engineering courses.
We cover a wide range of facets of secure software engineering including
- requirements analysis
- development processes
- project management
- economic/business aspects
- cryptography
- identity and access control and management
- architecture
- design
- coding
- testing

SecAppDev 2011 is the 7th edition of a widely acclaimed course,
attended by an international audience from a broad range of industries
including financial services, telecom, consumer electronics and media.

The course is run in very pleasant surroundings, a UNESCO world
heritage site dating back to the 13th century and we have a
well-attended social program.

For more information visit the web site: http://secappdev.org.

Places are limited, so do not delay registering to avoid
disappointment. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
A 25% Early Bird discount is available until December 31. Public
servants receive a 50% discount.

Kind regards,

Yo
--