Secure Coding mailing list archives

Wanna analyze a real voting system? Open season on DC's Internet pilot system

From: Jeremy Epstein <jeremy.j.epstein () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:02:04 -0400

All,

For a VERY short window (Sep 24-30), the DC Board of Elections and
Ethics is opening up their system for review - documents, source code,
and a live system to hack.  I think it's probably a well-designed
system (the folks doing it are knowledgeable), but it's of course
completely vulnerable to any sort of client-side attacks, as well as
anything in the network (e.g., DNS spoofing, BGP rerouting), even if
the server-side implementation is secure.  They're offering a
get-out-of-jail-free card....

If anyone is interested in working with me, please contact me ASAP.

Press release at http://www.dcboee.org/popup.asp?url=/pdf_files/nr_588.pdf

---Jeremy