Secure Coding mailing list archives

Next Release of the Secure Web Application Framework Manifesto

From: rklists at gmail.com (Rohit Sethi)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 11:49:55 -0400

Hi all, we've released version 0.08 of the Secure Web Application
Framework Manifesto at http://labs.securitycompass.com

This is 2nd public release of the document. Our goal is to provide a
list of requirements so that web application frameworks offer more
security out of the box. Our next step will be to move this over to an
OWASP project, and then to solicit participation from framework
developers. If anyone participates in or knows of the developers of
the Django or Lift web app frameworks please let me know. As always,
we look forward to any suggestions you have.

We had a lot of feedback on additional requirements from our previous
release. We took the approach of actually reducing the total number of
requirements in this release so that we have a greater chance of
achieving success with the frameworks. We plan on adding to the
requirements in future years.

Thanks,

--
Rohit Sethi