Secure Coding mailing list archives

any one a CSSLP is it worth it?

From: mlyman-cissp at comcast.net (Mike Lyman)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:34:06 -0500

On 4/12/2010 2:03 PM, Matt Parsons wrote:

I am a CISSP with programming experience, static code analysis and web
penetration testing.   I am thinking about taking the CSSLP.   I just
bought the review book.   Is it worth getting this certification?   Is
it going to raise my rates and help me get more contracts?   Is the
GIAC better or should I pursue both or neither?   I wrote about the
first concept of the CSSLP on my blog.   Any feedback would be greatly
appreciated.

http://parsonsisconsulting.blogspot.com/

It's supposed to be on track to become a US DoD cert in 8570. If you are
in that world that will help.

Meanwhile it's part of our brag sheet as we work on getting new business
in the software assurance area among our DoD customers. We've got two of
us on our team from early in the experience assessment phase. Not sure
how much it helps sell things over and above our reputation among our
customers but we keep it out there.
--

Mike Lyman
mlyman at west-point.org