Secure Coding mailing list archives

DEsigning a Secure Systems Development Competition Workshop March 2010

From: ccpalmer at dartmouth.edu (Charles C Palmer)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:29:08 -0500

DESSEC: DEsigning a Secure Systems Engineering Competition
A Workshop
March 30-April 1, 2010  (Tentative)
at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, North Carolina
Call for Proposals and Participation

If we want to have a cyber infrastructure that can both resist attacks
and be safely extended with new technology, we have to learn how to
build it. In effect, we are asking for practical, composable security,
at scale. One way to teach ourselves this lesson might be to conduct a
series of competitive development efforts that encourage diverse means
of realizing some specified system with some specified security
properties.

Take a few minutes to look at the attached Call for Proposals and
begin to think about how we can really change the way we build systems.
Please share this email with your colleagues who might have new
approaches to this challenge.

We hope to see you in Durham, North Carolina in March 2010.

The I3P
www.thei3p.org

Charles C. Palmer
Senior Technical Advisor