Secure Coding mailing list archives

OWASP Summit / Elections

From: tomb at owasp.org (Tom Brennan - OWASP)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 12:37:04 -0400

The next global summit for OWASP Foundation Inc (www.owasp.org) will
be held on November 11th 2009 (Veterans Day in the USA) in Washington,
DC., USA

As is customary at our summits we will govern by rough consensus and
collaborate face to face town hall style for our professional
associations direction.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2009

Just one of the many shaping activities that will take place will be,
the first democratic ELECTION of a OWASP Board Member by the
membership.? Eligible individuals have already volunteered time,
served as a project leader and or chapter leader and have have
demonstrated global leadership acumen as a current and active member
of a Global Committee.?? You will hear from each of these candidates
during the town hall session of why they are the best person for the
role.

If you have never attended a OWASP Summit (such as Portugal 2008
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008 ) you will not
want to miss this event - when you get passion filled OWASP people
together  we come together as a community to set the direction for the
next 6,12,24 months and we need you to get involved to continue our
mission.

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan
OWASP Foundation