Secure Coding mailing list archives

Seeking vulnerable server-side scripts

From: jericho at attrition.org (security curmudgeon)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:08:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Jeremy,

: I'm experimenting (on paper initially) with a technique for improving
: resiliency of web applications, and to do so am looking for examples
: of server side scripts (PHP, Perl, whatever) that have security
: vulnerabilities, to see if the technique would work.  If you have

: If there are repositories of such things, please excuse the newbie
: question and point me in the right direction!

There are several applications designed specifically for this:

Mutillidae
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/mutillidae-deliberately-vulnerable-php-owasp-top-10

Foundstone's Hacme Bank and Hacme Travel
http://www.foundstone.com/us/resources-free-tools.asp

WebGoat
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_WebGoat_Project

I believe there are more, but those are the first to come to mind.