Secure Coding mailing list archives

(fwd) informIT: A Software Security Framework

From: ken at krvw.com (Kenneth Van Wyk)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:31:36 -0400

[Posted on behalf of Gary McGraw, who is without comms right now but
wanted this to go out today. KRvW]

hi sc-l,

Brian Chess and I have been working hard on a software security
framework that we are using in a scientific study of many of the top
software security initiatives.  Our plan of action is to interview the
people running the top ten large-scale software security initiatives
over the next few weeks and then build a maturity model with the
resulting data.

That's right, we're actually using real data from real software
security programs.

Brian and I co-authored my informIT column this month, which just so
happens to be about the software security framework.  Please check it
out, we're interested to know what you think!

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1271382

gem

company www.cigital.com
podcast www.cigital.com/silverbullet