Secure Coding mailing list archives

Administrivia

From: ken at krvw.com (Kenneth Van Wyk)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:34:21 -0400

Greetings SC-L folks,

A couple things re the mailing list...

- It's been a couple months since I asked for your opinions regarding
accepting sponsorships here on SC-L.  Although the opinions I received
were almost entirely in favor or neutral -- all but one -- I haven't
decided to pull that trigger in any case.  I do appreciate your
inputs, as always, however.

- I'd also like to clarify a posting policy here.  The list gets, from
time to time, conference announcements, CfPs, and such.  I want to be
explicit here that I fully encourage that, and would like to take it
one step further.  Training events that are open to the public may
also be announced here, once per event.  This includes commercial
events.  As always, ASCII text is preferred, and no HTML please.  But
I feel this policy is in line with what I see on other groups.  Full
disclosure: my own company does do occasional public training events
from time to time and I'd like to be able to let folks know about it
here.  Again, one posting per event announcement.

Your opinions, as always, are appreciated.  Feel free to contact me
on- or off-list about either of these policies.  My goal here remains
to keep the list a free and open forum for us to discuss matters
related to software security.

Cheers,

Ken

-----