Secure Coding mailing list archives

Free CBT: PCI DSS for Developers

From: roman.hustad at yahoo.com (Roman H.)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:12:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi SC-L,

We put out a little freebie here that you might find useful in your dev shop if you are subject to PCI.  Feedback is
welcome:

Foundstone Professional Services, a Division of McAfee, has recently released a free 2-hour computer based training
entitled "PCI DSS v1.1 Compliance for Developers."  This hype-free CBT focuses on the PCI DSS requirements and
sub-requirements that are most relevant to software developers and offers developer-to-developer technical advice to
help achieve compliance.  Software security best practices are also stressed throughout the presentation.  This is not
an advertisement for McAfee products or Foundstone services, just solid information that will help your development
teams create more secure software.

You can obtain the CBT at this link:
https://www.foundstone.com/us/resources/downloads/pci_compliance_developers.zip

The 38MB download requires Flash and is SCORM-compliant so you can easily integrate it into your existing e-Learning
system.  If you want a higher-quality version please let me know off-list.

Disclosure: I work for Foundstone.

Regards,
Roman Hustad