Secure Coding mailing list archives

quick question - SXSW

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:06:12 -0400

Hi again,

I rebooted the security track completely at SD West in 2003 (thanks to tami who I cc'ed here).  I'm on the advisory
board.

We're slowly inching our way toward SDL/touchpoints/CLASP stuffs at SD West, though when I tried to cover the
touchpoints and enterprise security in 2006, interest was weak.  After 5 years of pounding we're getting there though!

My suggestion?   Get involved organizing these conferences and helping with thought leadership.  And just for the
record, having your PR dingbats submit (stupid)marketing talks does not count.

Others getting the same treatment;
SD Best Practices
STAR West
Better Software