Secure Coding mailing list archives

Sw Dev Laws, Engineers and Feasibility

From: list-procurare at secureconsulting.net (Benjamin Tomhave)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:30:27 -0400

Ok, rather late in posting these, but thought it might help you get your
week off to a good start.  The first link is a list of laws of software
development.  You've undoubtedly heard of many of them, but it's still nice
to have a single place of reference for them.  Especially when faced with
making arguments against silly projects.  Speaking of which, I've also added
a second link below that is somewhat tongue-in-cheek defining what certain
key terms mean to engineers with respect to "feasibility" of projects.
Enjoy! :)

Laws of Software Development
http://globalnerdy.com/2007/07/18/laws-of-software-development/

Understanding Engineers: Feasibility
http://fishbowl.pastiche.org/2007/07/17/understanding_engineers_feasibility

cheers,

-ben

--
Benjamin Tomhave, MS, CISSP
falcon at secureconsulting.net
Web: http://falcon.secureconsulting.net/
LI: http://www.linkedin.com/in/btomhave
Blog: http://www.secureconsulting.net/
Photos: http://photos.secureconsulting.net/

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all
citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression,
any injustice, any hatred is a wedge designed to attack our civilization."
-President Franklin Delano Roosevelt