Secure Coding mailing list archives

JavaScript Hijacking

From: brian at fortifysoftware.com (Brian Chess)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:13:53 -0700

Hi Stefano,

Yes, we are aware of your paper, but we intentionally chose to omit the
reference because we are quite snobby.  I'm joking!  I hadn't seen your
paper previously.  It was a good read.

The difference between what you discuss and JavaScript Hijacking is that we
do not assume the presence of another defect.  JavaScript Hijacking does not
require the existence of a cross-site scripting vulnerability or the like.
It's a new attack technique (and a new vulnerable code pattern), not a new
method for exploiting an existing class of vulnerabilities.

Thanks,
Brian