Secure Coding mailing list archives

Comparing Software Vendors

From: James.McGovern at thehartford.com (McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT))
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:27:02 -0400

 Jerry Leichter commented on flaws in scanning tools but I have a
different question. Lots of folks love to attack MS while letting other
vendors off the hook.Is there merit in terms of comparing vendor
offerings within a particular product line. For example is EMC's
Documentum product more secure than say an open source ECM vendor such
as Alfresco?

The industry analysts tend not to actually touch tools and rely on
others. There is some value in terms of quantifying which products are
more secure than others, so shouldn't we as a community help them figure
this out?

destroy all copies.