Secure Coding mailing list archives

Google code search: good or bad?

From: michaelslists at gmail.com (mikeiscool)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 06:49:52 +1000

good or bad, it's quite old. www.koders.com has been doing it for
years. considering the source is available for anyone to download
anyway, and investigate themselves, i don't see the big deal. the
engines just let you search a whole bunch at once, and why would any
one company/product care about that? if you want to target them, you
do. if you just want to find a bug in any given open source product,
then one of these may be slightly useful.

if the main concern is that code can accidently get online, well that
problem has been around forever and will never go away. better to
expose it and have it dealt with, really.

all in all, no big deal. jmho.

-- mic