Secure Coding mailing list archives

Need some numbers about application security

From: ljknews at mac.com (ljknews)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:21:59 -0500

At 2:41 PM +0200 11/20/06, Ravid L wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am looking for some numbers about application security for a presentation.
I need data about how many organization experienced application based
attack recently?
What is the frequency of application based attacks?
How many application in the real Internet environment will need this kind
of protection?

Does this mean you want to ignore attacks unrelated to the Internet ?

What is the financial damage in real numbers for companies that has been
a target to such attacks? (damage in numbers and damage to stock for
example).

If anyone has any data (from reliable sources) about this questions i
will be so grateful...

--
Larry Kilgallen