Secure Coding mailing list archives

bumper sticker slogan for secure software

From: dana at vulscan.com (Dana Epp)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:44:38 -0700

Actually, Brian Shea got the points for emailing me that he knew it was
the system error "Access Denied".

An extra 10 points goes to Andrew van der Stock for his explaination
that:

"apparently the term originates from radio, where 5x5 means good
reception and good signal strength (in that order). So

0x5

means

- no reception ("0")
- good signal strength ("5")

ie, we're doing ok at getting our message out, but people aren't
listening yet. "

That cracked me up. So fitting for this forum.

Regards,
Dana Epp
[Microsoft Security MVP]
http://silverstr.ufies.org/blog/