Secure Coding mailing list archives

RE: Exploiting Software: How to Break Code

From: "Wall, Kevin" <Kevin.Wall () qwest com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:06:56 +0000

You wrote...

Does anyone have any comments about this book?  I have read some
reviews but it is on the site advertising the book for sale   They
stated that this book is a must for anyone wanting to harden code
in programs, softwares and hardwares but then that could just be
a sales pitch.  I would like to see some posts both pro and con
about this book.

Exploiting Software: How to Break Code
By Greg Hoglund, Gary McGraw.
Published by Addison Wesley Professional

Robert Slade has reviewed this book. See
    http://victoria.tc.ca/int-grps/books/techrev/bkexplsw.rvw

for details. In general, I find that he writes some pretty
decent reviews.
---
Kevin W. Wall  Qwest Information Technology, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Phone: 614.215.4788
"The reason you have people breaking into your software all
over the place is because your software sucks..."
 -- Former whitehouse cybersecurity advisor, Richard Clarke,
    at eWeek Security Summit