Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Programming languages used for security

From: "Fabien" <skink () evhr net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:24:51 +0100

Hello,

I'm not a secure coding expert, so my point of view is more from a
developper view.

      + What functionality should the accompanying libraries support
        (e.g., encryption, access control, etc.)?

In my opinion, it's the most important things for a languages, something
to easily validate user input or to encrypt password are a must have.

And the other good thing with a good base library is that the user don't
need to re-develop his own one. And it's easier to extend, to maintain
and to import the security of a main librairy instead of a lot of 3rd
parties library.

--
Fabien, sorry for his english.