Secure Coding mailing list archives

Building Security In: #2

From: "Gary McGraw" <gem () cigital com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:06:52 +0100

Me again,

The second installment of my IEEE Security&Privacy magazine department
Building Security In is complete. See
<http://www.computer.org/security/>.  This article covers Abuse and
Misuse cases.  It was written by Paco Hope (Cigital) and Annie Anton
(NCSU) with a little help from me.

http://www.cigital.com/papers/download/misuse-bp.pdf

Please note that this article is copyright (c) by the IEEE.  It will be
published in Volume 2, Number 3 (May/June).  I am making it available to
you IN ADVANCE in order to spark interest in the Department and to ask
for your help as software security people.

If you desire to co-author an article on a best practice with me, please
get in touch ASAP.  The next few editions are begining to take shape.
It's looking like Risk Analysis is next, then Code Scanning, then
Penetration Testing.

gem

Gary McGraw, Ph.D.
CTO, Cigital
http://www.cigital.com

This electronic message transmission contains information that may be
confidential or privileged.  The information contained herein is intended
solely for the recipient and use by any other party is not authorized.  If
you are not the intended recipient (or otherwise authorized to receive this
message by the intended recipient), any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of the information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic message transmission in error, please contact the sender by
reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Cigital, Inc. accepts no
responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from
the use of this email or its contents.
Thank You.