Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: More host-based production security tools unveiled

From: Crispin Cowan <crispin () immunix com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:51:02 +0100

Kenneth R. van Wyk wrote:

Although the Immunix suite was briefly described here earlier, the Determina
product wasn't.  Has anyone here looked at these tools and care to share
their experience with either or both?

I had never heard of Determina before today. Notably google has no
high-ranking links to "determina", so their web site must be very new.
However, some digging reveals that their CTO is a co-author of the
"program shepherding" paper of 2002, and that is consistent with the
white paper posted on the determina.com site.

Since my product is discussed in the same article as the determina
product, I will refrain from commenting on its merits.

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.  http://immunix.com/~crispin/
CTO, Immunix          http://immunix.com