Secure Coding mailing list archives

Postscript to my long HDQ post.

From: David Harmon <dmh () tiac net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:37:51 +0000

Before sending that lengthy  post out, I spent a fair amount of time
editing it,tightening the prose.  As part of this, I spent several
minutes tweaking paragraphs and indentation.  When I got the post *back*
from the list, I was aghast to see many of my nice paragraphs broken
midline, trailing orphans, etc.

Now, my original post didn't even discuss Mail Composition Agents.
Perhaps my own MCA (Mozilla) has become jealous, and is trying for
attention. :-)  Or maybe I just forgot to use Mozilla's menu command
"oPtions... Rewrap" to convince the program that yes, I really did want
return characters at the end of *all* those lines.  :-*  In this
particular case, it's just a cosmetic matter, but yes, there *are*
security implications to an MCA which fails to give  proper feedback
about, and control over, the outgoing message!

        Dave Harmon
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]