Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia: RSS/RDF feed for SC-L in the works

From: "Kenneth R. van Wyk" <Ken () KRvW com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:29:20 +0000

Kenneth R. van Wyk wrote:
By popular demand, it is _highly likely_ that we'll have a functioning RSS/RDF
feed for SC-L traffic shortly.  The feed will be via the
http://www.mail-archive.com site.  When available, the RDF file should appear
at http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/maillist.rdf if I am
interpreting things correctly.

Just a quick follow-up...  The RSS feed did indeed show up on
Mail-Archive.com as of this morning.  The above URL to the RDF file is
up and running as expected.

The Mail-Archive site is a free service.  You can learn more about them
and the service that they provide at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/about.html.   Naturally, there's no
guarantee that it'll remain in place, but they've been up and running as
an entirely free service since February 1998.  I understand that they're
going to start taking advertisements soon to help cover the costs, but
the service should remain free, FYI.

In any event, feedback is appreciated.  If any of you are using (or
switch over to) an RSS aggregator to follow this list, please let me
know how it's working out for you.  (I know that I must sound like a
broken record on this RSS stuff, but if you're like me and are suffering
from information overload from all of the groups/sites that you follow,
RSS can improve your quality of life.  No kidding.  I only wish that I'd
learned about it sooner.)

One last note.  Over the weekend, I added a few headers to the SC-L
configuration while I was waiting for the list to show up on the
Mail-Archive site.  I'll prune these back one by one, but if anyone has
feedback on any of the headers being useful or not useful in
filtering/sorting the list, please just let me know.

Cheers,

Ken van Wyk
http://www.KRvW.com