Secure Coding mailing list archives

ANNOUNCE: Two upcoming security events

From: "Kenneth R. van Wyk" <Ken () KRvW com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:09:24 +0000

Greetings,

I've had two upcoming events brought to my attention, which I thought that I'd
share with you all.  They are as follows, verbatim from their respective
announcements:

8th Annual Colloquium: 7-10 June, 2004

Cyber Security Partnerships:  Cooperation, Collaboration, and Teamwork
for Excellence in Information Assurance Education

http://www.ncisse.org/

Recognizing that the protection of information and infrastructures that
are used to create, store, process and communicate information is vital
to the productivity and security of our nation, and to assure the
continuity and growth of our infrastructure-based society, the
Colloquium provides a forum for dialogue among leading figures in
government, industry and academia to work in partnership to define
current and emerging requirements for information security education,
and to influence and encourage the development and expansion of
information security curricula especially at the graduate and
undergraduate levels.

===========

Developer Security Webcast Week February 16 - 20, 2004

Microsoft announces a special week of webcasts addressing the most important
and newly emerging security issues surrounding developers. Topics range from
corporate security reviews and computer crime to a host of webcasts aimed
specifically at developers. These webcasts are designed to help developers
write applications that are resistant to security attacks. Webcasts will
address a broad range of issues facing developers today: specific coding
techniques to make applications inherently more secure, SQL Server
considerations, authentication and authorization, Enterprise Security
Portals, and protecting your intellectual property with Code Access Security.
Tune in as top industry experts walk you through key security concepts that
will help your organization -- and the code you write -- rise to the security
challenges we all face today.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/understanding/webcasts/default.aspx for
full details.

Cheers,