Secure Coding mailing list archives

Any software security news from the RSA conference?

From: "Kenneth R. van Wyk" <Ken () KRvW com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:13:11 +0000

Greetings,

It's been a rather quiet week so far here on SC-L.  I guess that everyone is
either at the RSA conference (http://2004.rsaconference.com/) or otherwise
too busy.  I've been watching some of the reports that have been appearing in
the trade press regarding announcements and such at the RSA conference
(http://news.com.com/2009-7355_3-5163628.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj).  Most
of the announcements seem to me to focus on new and upcoming products.  While
that's all well and good, I don't see anyone addressing issues of software
security -- which probably shouldn't come as much of a surprise since
software security is not even addressed in the conference theme/agenda
(http://2004.rsaconference.com/agenda.aspx).  Disappointing...

Perhaps some kind SC-L subscriber that's at the conference will pass along any
"software security sightings"?  ;-)

Cheers,

Ken van Wyk
--