Politech mailing list archives

Tech voter's guide for 2006 election: How politicians voted

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 17:40:57 +0200

It's easy for politicians to claim to have done well by technology. Democratic Sen. John Kerry, for instance, made fundraising pilgrimages to Silicon Valley and claimed to have a reasonable tech platform. But in a scorecard rating tech-related votes that we've posted today, Kerry came in second-to-last in the entire U.S. Senate.

I don't mean to pick on Democrats (in fact, the Democrats did slightly better overall than Republicans in the House of Representative), just political hypocrisy. And of course most everyone failed. The details follow.

-Declan

---

Map:
http://news.com.com/2009-1040-6130830.html

Article:
http://news.com.com/2009-1040-6131719.html
Do politicos' voting records match their rhetoric? To rate who's best and who's worst on technology topics before the November 7 election, CNET News.com has compiled a voter's guide, grading how representatives in the U.S. Congress have voted over the last decade.