Politech mailing list archives

Matt Deatherage clears up confusion about Apple suing "bloggers" [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:48:21 -0500

[Matt is a former Apple Computer employee and publisher of an excellent Apple newsletter (you can subscribe at macjournals.com). He is right. Part of the confusion was my doing; EFF used the term "bloggers" in the Subject: line of their press release and I reproduced it. A better term to describe the defendants in Apple's lawsuits would be "commercial ad-supported web sites with a solid track record" or simply "journalists." --Declan]