Politech mailing list archives

IEEE on impact of offshore IT outsourcing on U.S. economy

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:40:36 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The Impact of Offshore IT Software and Services Outsourcing on the U.S. Economy and the IT Industry
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:50:34 -0800
From: steelhead-mobile <bill () ries-knight net>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

Declan, this came to me from another list. I think it will appeal to others on the Politech list.

http://www.itaa.org/itserv/docs/execsumm.pdf

The Impact of Offshore IT Software and Services Outsourcing on the U.S. Economy and the IT Industry The current rapid increase in offshore IT software and services outsourcing has sparked a debate on the costs and benefits of this trend to the U.S. economy. To help understand the comprehensive economic impact of offshore IT software and services outsourcing, Global Insight has undertaken a thorough analysis on behalf of the Information Technology Association of America (ITAA). The analysis was undertaken in the context of Global Insight's economic models and incorporates information from third-party research reports, members of the IT industry, and primary research surveys.

Bill Ries-Knight   ***   Stockton, CA.