Politech mailing list archives

One more round on Californians ratting out neighbors' cars [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:19:23 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Politech] Mixed feelings about Californians ratting out neighbors' cars [priv]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:03:32 -0400
From: mistercat () verizon net
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

Mr. McCullagh,
As a military member, I almost by definition never live in the state that my cars are registered. I'm surprised that CA which reaps the benefit of a large number of bases would enact a program that is almost designed to alienate military members. I particularly don't like programs that will generate even more ill will between people serving their country and wearing it's uniform, and the states and communities that
we live in.
College students are probably in the same boat, with even less resources and course of defense than I would. I'm sure I could think of many other professions
that are migratory by nature that will find this program just as offensive.
Just to test out the CA system, I'm going rat out myself (CA was my last duty station), and see just what sort of response I get. I'll keep you posted on the results,
if you're interested.

Bryan W
14 years of service