Politech mailing list archives

Request for comments on challenge-response antispam protocol [spam]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:49:35 -0400

---

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:26:10 -0400
From: Yakov Shafranovich <research () solidmatrix com>
Subject: For Politech - spam - Draft Protocol for challenge / response systems and Consent
To: declan () well com

Hi Declan,

You covered challenge / response systems in the past on PolitechBot. I wanted to point you to a recent Internet draft published by our group that proposes a protocol that allows C/R systems to talk to each other. The original announcement is here:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf-announce/Current/msg26214.html
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg07364.html

We are looking to create a larger "consent exchange" protocol based on this draft, that can allow receivers and senders to exchange their consent for email with any tool, not just C/R systems. This is inline with our charter (http://www.irtf.org/charters/asrg.html), that looks at spam as a "consent" problem. This CRI protocol is one of the building blocks of the overall "consent" system.

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, ASRG
http://www.irtf.org/asrg/