Politech mailing list archives

FC: One more round of replies to Florida legislative survey

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:11:11 -0400

---

From: "Ray Everett-Church" <ray () everett org>
To: <declan () well com>
Subject: RE: Florida "legislative survey" does appear to be... real
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:01:45 -0700

Declan:

A longtime friend who works for the Florida legislature tells me that this
is indeed a real communication, most likely the brainchild of Florida
Speaker of the House Byrd, who is running for the US Senate. He's apparently
doing everything he can to build up a big database for get out the vote and
fundraising. I'm told he recently did a mass mailing to all the Florida
citizens who have signed up for the new "Choose Life" license plate.

-Ray