Politech mailing list archives

European Commission study weighs privacy vs. security [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 02:09:37 -0400

---

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:20:11 +0200
To: <declan () well com>
From: Ioannis Maghiros <Ioannis.Maghiros () jrc es>
Subject: Study by the European Commission's DG-JRC on the balance
  between security and privacy

Declan,

I thought you (and other politech members) might be interested in a study named "

Security and privacy for the citizen in the Post-September 11 digital age: A prospective overview"

that was just delivered to the European Parliament.
The Report is available at: <ftp://ftp.jrc.es/pub/EURdoc/eur20823en.pdf>
The official press release of the European Commission is at:
<http://europa.eu.int/rapid/start/cgi/guestfr.ksh?p_action.getfile=gf&doc=IP/03/1344|0|RAPID&lg=EN&type=PDF>
see also WashingtonPost press note on the report at:
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52211-2003Oct6.html>

Thanks, Rgds,

P.S. We met briefly during CFP2003 in NY and I hope that the report material would be of interest to CFP04 participants as I am considering presenting it there.