Politech mailing list archives

ACLU paper on "The MATRIX: TIA Reloaded" (not the movie) [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:17:12 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:11:05 -0500
From: Barry Steinhardt <BSteinhardt () aclu org>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Subject: The MATRIX: TIA Reloaded

Declan,

Politech readers may be interested in an "issue brief" we've just released
on "MATRIX, -- Total Information Awareness Reloaded." The Matirx is the
state level data-mining program being funded by the Federal Government,
which bears a striking similarity to the now defunct TIA.  We've also
filed "Freedom of Information Act" requests with five states and the
Federal Government seeking the details about the program.

http://www.aclu.org/Privacy/Privacy.cfm?ID=14240&c=130

Regards,

Barry Steinhardt

Director Technology and Liberty Program
American Civil Liberties Union
125 Broad Street,NYC 10004
212 549 2508 (v) 212 549 2629 (fax) 917 349 4893 (mobile)
BSteinhardt () aclu org