Politech mailing list archives

Aimee Deep asks for help in RIAA v. Aimster case [ip]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:23:52 -0500

---

From: "Aimee Deep" <aimee () musicpundit com>
To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan () well com>
Cc: <politech () politechbot com>
Subject: Call for Amici in the U.S. Supreme Court
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:25:49 -0500

Authors, Innovators, Providers,

I write to call for Amici in the United State Supreme Court in support of
the Petition for Writ of Certiorari, John Deep, Petitioner, v. The Recording
Industry Association of America Incorporated, et al., Respondents
(http://www.supremecourtus.gov/docket/03-658.htm).

The issue of law involves the Copyright Act and the Supreme Court's decision
in Sony. The full Petition is available at http://www.internet-defense.org

As the Petition describes, there has been no trial in the present case, and
yet Internet service for millions has been terminated. Should the decision
stand, there is a real danger that the provision of Internet services will
be stifled, due to the <i>in terrorem</i> effect of the threat of a lawsuit
by parties with the market power of Respondents against authors, innovators,
and providers similarly situated to Petitioner.

Thus, as Petitioner, I respectfully call for authors, innovators and
providers to appear in the United States Supreme Court as Amici in Support
of the Petition.

It would be my privilege to answer any questions you might have about the
Petition.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration,
John Deep
dadster () internet-defense org

Posted to the list by Aimee Deep (http://www.musicpundit.com). The
injunction prevents my Dad (John Deep) from accessing the Internet.