Politech mailing list archives

Short story on Postal Service from Freedom! Magazine [priv][fs]

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:21:02 -0500

---

Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:58:18 -0600
From: "Carl Bussjaeger" <cwb () gbronline com>
To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan () well com>
Subject: Re: [Politech] Gabe Goldberg on sending U.S. mail anonymously
  [fs][priv]

Hi Declan,

As people debate the viability of the US Posties' tracking each and every individual mailed item, I thought you might enjoy a little laugh, a short story published in Doing Freedom! Magazine's premier issue (way back before I became the editor) three years ago: "Postage Due".

http://www.doingfreedom.com/gen/preview/postagedue.html

I intended this piece as humor, but enough people took it seriously that I've been told I may have inadvertently triggered one iteration of the 602P (email postage) urban legend. Go figure. <g>

   Carl Bussjaeger
     Telecommunications Technician:
        http://www.gbronline.com/cwb/samizdat/resume.htm
   Net Assets: The science fiction thriller. How far
   would you go for cheap access to orbit?
   Prometheus Award nominee, Free-Market.net
   Freedom Book of the Month, and Rational Review
   Featured Selection.
              http://www.netassetsbook.com