Politech mailing list archives

FC: More on ADL warning Feds that terrorists use e-gold

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:22:12 -0500

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-04346.html

---

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:30:47 -0500
From: Mathias Wegner <mwegner () cs oberlin edu>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Cc: FRosado () adl org
Subject: Re: FC: ADL warns Feds that terrorists use e-gold to transfer $$$

>         "While we know of no links between e-gold and terrorism at the
> present time, e-gold merits serious attention given the record of Internet
> use by terrorists and the abuse of similar devices by domestic extremists,"
> said Mr. Foxman.

This just in - terrorists have also been known to use dollars, pounds,
yen, marks, lira, euros, and other currency that comes printed on paper or
minted as coins.  I don't have any proof, but hey, I'd like to make it look
like I'm doing something useful.  People carrying any one of those currencies
should be stopped and interrogated until they confess...

mathias

---