Politech mailing list archives

FC: A criticism of John Gilmore's suit over secret FAA rules

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:26:42 -0500

[If a private entity like McCullagh's Bus Lines wants to deny someone service or request ID for security reasons, and the government did not order or influence my decision, I should have the right to do so. And if you don't like my decision, feel free to patronize a competitor. If I am too unreasonable, my business will fail; if I am sensible, it will prosper. The problem comes when the government hands down secret laws, which is what we're dealing with here. So I think Stephen is wrong: Airlines no longer have the right to "set their own house rules." Previous message: http://www.politechbot.com/p-04312.html --Declan]

---