Politech mailing list archives

FC: Politech members reply: ACLU's bulk mail was spam

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:57:03 -0500

[At least the ACLU has said consistently that most anti-spam laws suffer from First Amendment problems, so it can't be accused of hypocrisy here. :) More seriously, groups that deal with privacy should tread carefully when sending out bulk email to those who didn't explicitly request it. Previous Politech message: http://www.politechbot.com/p-04497.html --Declan]

---