Politech mailing list archives

FC: Testifying at FTC hearing on Tuesday on electronic commerce

From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 21:49:58 -0400

The Federal Trade Commission has kindly invited me to testify tomorrow at a three-day workshop on barriers to electronic commerce. I'm on a panel with some pretty smart folks -- including lawyers from eBay and Amazon.com -- so I'm not sure what I'll be able to add. (Besides, the FTC's own staff has done a good job of describing what states have been doing to get in the way.) But I'll give it my best shot. Here's the info:
http://www.ftc.gov/opp/ecommerce/anticompetitive/agenda.htm

I have not heard that the event, which lasts three days, will be webcast. I'll send out my prepared statement tomorrow.

Recent House hearing:
http://energycommerce.house.gov/107/hearings/09262002Hearing732/hearing.htm

A recent column I wrote on this topic:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-04042.html